Thursday, March 02, 2006

Worst of the Worst


originally started @ Gunslingers

1) What is the worst DVD/video you own? Once Upon a Time in Mexico. Why on Earth I thought this one would be worth a damn is beyond me. I guess Selma Hayek and Johnny Depp.

2) What is the worst concert you've ever seen in person? Charlie Sexton on Mountain Stage in Athens, OH. I remember him being one of the reasons I ever picked up a guitar 20 some years ago. It wasn't so much that he was bad, but that the sound guy/guys apparently shat themselves and had to leave the sound board for his performance.

3) What is the worst experience you've ever had at a restaurant? I started out my career in IT as a computer repair tech for a company that worked on restaurant computers/registers. One of the registers was not connecting to the server at the Bob Evans in Martinsburg, WV (this is your hint to never, never eat there). The Cat. 5 connections looked good on both ends, so I decided to pull a new line to the register. When I yanked on the old line, it snapped, and the worst smell you have ever smelled immediately consumed the entire restaurant, which brought a lot of strange looks from everyone eating and working there. Apparently a rat had gotten down into the conduit got logged. His last attempt to save his life was to chew through the Cat. 5.

4) What is the worst movie you've ever seen in the theatre? Bewitched! It's beyond me to think that Will Ferrell could do such a bad movie. If he could have just been funny for 5 minutes I could have saved some face.

5) What is the worst book you've actually finished? I, like many others that I have read that did this survey, will go with a Tom Clancey book. SSN, based on a hypothetical engagement with the Chinese. To read that book, you would think the US Navy was "Invincible".

But I'm Invincible!

6) Who is the worst looking or least appealing celebrity you would have intimate relations with "just to tell the story"? Ann Coltier is a popular choice, but I would have to go with the smug, but still fairly attractive laura Ingraham.

No comments: