Sunday, July 09, 2006

Big East Mid-Year Recruiting Grades

From Scout.com

In general, the Big East looks to be getting some good recruits. Pitt, Rutgers, UConn, and Syracuse all have some quality verbals. I believe Louisville does not have a great deal of scholarships to offer this year, so expect them to get some quality verbals later in the year. South Florida and Cincinnati are both going against big programs in their back yard, and will have to pick up the pieces after the big boys. The good news is that there is a ton of talent in each city to choose from. Like Rutgers, they both need to do something to lock down their local talent. Rutgers seems to be doing that now, and I expect them to be competing for a Big East Championship soon.

I for one am looking forward to the day the Big East isn't grouped in with all the mid-major conferences. It makes me cheer for teams I wouldn't normally root for. But for the sake of the conference, I'm willing to throw a little karma around. Hope those TV contracts weren't too long term. This means you Mike Tranghese!



"What can I say, I fucked up! But we seem to be doing just fine despite my leadership."

1 comment:

Michael Pigott said...

The Big East takes New Jersey back from Penn State, they will start making waves.