Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Pause in the Rivalry

For all the bad things I do and say toward Marshall, I have to say that this news just plain sucks! Terry Gardner died Sunday morning. If you don't know Terry, don't feel bad. I didn't know him until 5 minutes ago. He scored the winning touchdown vs Xavier in 1971 to seal a 15-13 upset victory a year after the plane crash that killed most of the Marshall team.

“He had a good attitude and he was feeling pretty good, even though he told me he was having some breathing problems,” Oliver said. “He was excited about doing the (DVD) interview and getting back together, reminiscing.”

After everything that has happened, and the movie finally gets made. It just isn't right. I hope he felt a certain amount of piece knowing that the story was being told.

No comments: