Friday, November 10, 2006

Holy Shit!!!


Well, I wasn't expecting that last night! Congratulations to Rutgers! I fully expected Louisville to come away with the win. When Louisville was up 25-7 I could see no reason to think why I was wrong in my assessment. But Rutgers sacked up and made it happen!

This puts a whole new light on the race for the Big East crown. Yesterday, Louisville was in the drivers seat. Today, they need some help to get the BCS bid. That will all shake out next week when the BCS rankings come out, but in the event of a tie, the team with the highest BCS ranking gets the conferences automatic bid for a BCS bowl. Provided that Rutgers and West Virginia both win out leading up to their December 2nd game, that game will be for the trip to a BCS bowl. As we learned last night, nothing is a guarantee. Every game counts.

All my coverage of the WVU-Cincinnati game is over at the WVU Fanhouse. Stop by there and leave your comments. I promise after this weekend I will start looking at the Mountaineer basketball team, as well as some way overdue love for the mens and womens soccer teams.

No comments: