Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I Didn't Come Here To Die

BUT ALL YOU SEE IS THE WEIGHT HUNG ROUND MY NECK
I DIDN’T COME HERE TODAY TO PULL ANY WEIGHT
NO NOT TO PULL ANY WEIGHT
ALRIGHT
AS I DRIVE OFF INTO THE SKY ALONE I CAN FEEL IT ALL RUSH BACK
BUT THIS KID AIN’T COMING BACK
AND I BEEN LIVING IN THE STICKS HERE FOR SO LONG NOW
SO C’MON C’MON I SAID


Continuing with the Spoon theme this week, the Mountaineers have a big task ahead of them in the form of the Cardinals. But if they are going to win, they are going to have to find a way to slow down Louisville's offense. I've said earlier that they need to take away the running game of Louisville and make them one dimensional. Louisville doesn't need to rush for 150+ yards, they just need to run enough to keep West Virginia honest. And West Virginia needs to take that away to be successful.

The West Virginia offense is another matter. We've seen them be predictable and still rush for 300+ yards this year. But, I don't think we can afford to do that with Louisville. Something I saw in the UConn game that was devastating was the sprint out pass plays that White had the option to run or pass. Not that he doesn't always have that option, but it puts pressure on the edge of a defense to commit to the run or pass quickly with his speed. I still expect to see a heavy dose of Slaton, but I would like to see West Virginia mix it up a bit more with the pass. If they are successful with the passing game, it should turn some heads around the country.

Lastly, a message from Captain Obvious. They need a never say die attitude like they had last year in Morgantown. Louisville isn't a paper tiger. It's going to take a four quarter effort to win this game.

No comments: