Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Bulls Perspective

I'm totally spent, and all the reasons I thought about giving this blog up in the off season keep creeping back. So if this post seems half-hearted, sue me.

Ben Moffitt is a real man on and off the field- Yeah nice, me complaining more or less about how I never have time to make this blog as good as I know it could be and this guy goes to school, married, two kids, and plays D1 football. I'm going to go crawl in a hole.

Brett McMurphy's blog
is a lot of quick hitters, which I like.

It's a Sellout- Friday nights game will be the first sellout for the Bulls.

So who wins the battle of the Mascots? A bull is a bull. You know horns, big. So big that it doesn't really need the horns. Or is it the Mountaineer. He's got a gun, but it's a muzzle loader. So he's one and done if his aim isn't true. Well, he's got a knife. But that's really not much use against a bull unless it's already dead.

Something I found troubling was that North Carolina was averaging nearly 300 yards passing until they played USF. They had something like 85 yards against the Bulls. Ouch! Also, that Selvie kid is giving me nightmares.

I can't say that I am all that impressed with the South Florida offense. That's probably because they are not a quick strike offense. They do just enough to keep the chains moving and the ball out of your offenses hands. Should we just call them impressively unimpressive? That was the case last year. 21 First downs compared to 13 for West Virginia. While only having the ball for five more minutes and only 50 more yards of offense. Just enough to win.

You know what? If you don't like the Reverend, Fuck You!




Just sayin'

No comments: