Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Great Moments in Passive-aggressive Fan Taunting

M Zone has a great piece about some guys that wore a Clemson jersey around Columbus of the player that Woody Hays punched in the Gator Bowl, and got fired for.

The guys contacted Eastbay, a large online athletic supply company, and had a couple of custom #58 Clemson jerseys made up with the name "BAUMAN" put on the back. As the guys said in their email to us: "It's a small moral victory but we do enjoy wearing these whenever we happen to be in Columbus for OSU home games. Yes, it's pretty childish but it makes us laugh. Especially when OSU fans recognize the name and jersey, and become very, very upset."

So, I had to test out the knowledge of tOSU fans in my office. I walked up to one and told them I knew exactly what I would be getting them for their birthday. I said, "a 58 Bauman jersey". I have never seen a smile turn into a scowl so quick in my life. I have to say that I was impressed that they had that kind of total recall.

Unfortunately, I might be getting a dose of it back in my face real soon. It could be a forgone conclusion that John Beilein will be leaving WVU for NC State, with a press conference on Thursday (ok, that's what I read somewhere). As much as I hate the thought of it, if that's what he wants to do, I wish him the best of luck. He took the program from the brink of nothingness to an elite 8 and sweet sixteen appearance in 4 years. He has earned the right to do what ever he wants to do. One thing I won't do is piss and whine about it like some of my fellow Mountaineer fans are doing.


I swear, everything will be ok guys! Don't go Nuclear just yet!

No comments: