Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Quasi-Sports/Music Related

Editor's Note: If you have ears, and listen to music from time to time, please keep reading, you'll thank me later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming back from my parents house on Sunday I was flipping through the radio stations, and came across what could possibly be the worst song ever recorded. It's called "Swing", by Trace Adkins. A song that draws the analogy between swinging at baseballs and trying to pick up chicks. How utterly unfucking original. There is bad, and then there is so bad that you can't stop listening, because you just know there must be some grace saving bridge that got this song on the radio in the first place. Well, it never happened. I found myself mortified to listen to any music the rest of the way home. I just shut the radio off and kept chanting, "find your happy place" over and over. It was one of those bad experiences that I blocked from my memory until today. On one hand I know my chances of ever getting a record deal are fucking great if this shit can get on the radio! But on the other hand, maybe I just don't get it. Maybe it's a white thing I will just never understand.

Trace Adkins: Ruining music for everyone!

No comments: