While I realize that I am not part of the Blogpoll (yet), I thought it might be fun to chip my two cents in.
This roundtable brought to us by EDSBS:
1. Education. List the region of the country you were born in, what universities you attended and at least one other you would have attended if your alma mater didn't exist.
Born and raised in West "by god" Virginia. I went to WV Tech for seven long years and received a double major in Electrical Engineering and Industrial Management. Outside of WVU, I would have gone to either NC State or Ohio Northern if given the chance, but considering I don't prefer a mustache, it would seem that ONU was never really an option.
2. Sports Affiliations. List your top 10 favorite teams in all of sports in decending order. For instance, your alma mater's football team may be number 1, but perhaps there is a professional team that squeezes in before you get to your alma mater's lacrosse team.
1. WVU Football
2. WVU Basketball
3. San Diego Chargers
4. New York Mets
5. Vancouver Canucks
6. Hofstra "Flying Dutchmen" Football
7. Evansville "Purple Ace's" Basketball
(six and seven for the team name)
8. Pittsburgh Steelers
9. WVIT Golf (my college athletic experience)
10. Average Joe's Dodgeball
3. Movies. List the movie you've watched the most, your favorite sports related movie, the movie you secretly love but don't like to admit it (possibly a chick flick or b film), and the movie you were (or still are) most looking forward to from this summer's season.
Most- Dr. Strangelove
Favorite- Anatomy of a Murder
Favorite Sports- Field of Dreams
Secretly Love-An American President
Looking Forwar To- Lady in the Water
4. Music. List your favorite band from middle school, high school, college and today. Also, as with the movies, include the song you secretly love but don't like to admit. If Nickleback is involved in any of these responses, please give a detailed explanation as to why, god, why.
High School- REM
Secretly Love- Can't say that I am embarrassed about any music I like, and can usually give a great reason why everyone should like it, but I guess you could put "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by Darkness.
5. Books. Favorite book you've finished, worst book you've finished and the book you really should read but haven't gotten around to it.
Favorite- About Face by David Hackworth
Worst- SSN by Tom Clancey
Should Read- Harry Potter books, so I can get ahead of the sequence of movies.
6. Travel. Favorite city you've every been to and the one place you still must visit before you shuffle off this mortal coil.
Favorite- Paris at 14 was incredible considering there was no drinking age, and my parents were on the other side of the pond!
Must Visit- Moscow, just to say I've been there.
7. What do you love most about college football in 20 words or less?
Beer, hot chicks, friends, and sanctioned violence with a credible scoring system.