Thursday, June 15, 2006

Why?

Non-Football related, but Bush Signs Broadcast Decency Law. I've been to a worlds fair, two picnics and a rodeo, and for the life of me I will never understand this whole decency law bs! If you are trying to prevent kids from using foul language, well you alredy lost that war, except for that one nerd that no one talks to in class. But, chances are they get all they want off the internet. As for nudity, well the more nudity in my day=a much better day! In my mind, however, the most important thing you should not teach your children is the one thing that is not addressed by this law. And, that would be violence. Feel free to slash as many throats as you want, but make sure it's gosh darnit, and not god dammit. Oh, and no nude shots below the shoulders if you don't mind. Next up, 24 hours of Ultimate Fighting Championships!
When I was 14, I had the pleasure of going to London, Paris, and Madrid for spring break. 10 days of all the beer and wine I could get my hands on. Nude advertisements everywhere! Well, quite a few more than what you could see in the states.
That was 20 years ago, and if it was going to have some kind of impact on the societies of those countries, I would imagine it would have by now. You may or may not agree with the policies of those countries, but none are on the verge of collapse because of foul language/nudity/alchohol.
So, yeah, the kids are alright, it's the adults that have their heads stuck up their ass.

1 comment:

John Radcliff said...

Don't ask why I decided to put this post up. I guess I'm just not a big fan of dictating morality. Especially not from people that are sold to the highest lobyist.