Dropped Out: Clemson (#19).
Games I watched:
1. I was wrong, Ohio St. deserves all 20 of the first place votes they got in the preseason BlogPoll.
2. USC- Still impressed with the win at Arkansas.
3. Auburn- Pitching a shutout against anyone on the road is impressive. Especially with all those damn cowbells going off. I guess I'll get a first hand look at that in a little less than a month.
4. LSU- Impressive win. Someone's going down this week, and since Auburn is at home, I go with Auburn. But unless it's a blowout, I won't drop LSU too far.
5. Florida- We'll see if Leak can keep up the passing this week. They really need to find a running game quick, though.
6. Texas- Nothing wrong with the running game or the defense. I'm thinking that they will be able to work out the problems with the passing game, like running the ball more often.
7. Notre Dame- A good win, but I'm not convinced they are a better team than any of the six above them. A win this weekend would do that.
8. Iowa- Shouldn't be penalized for what happened in the Carrier Dome. I think that is one of the toughest places to play in America. Double that if your starting quarterback is out and your backup is color blind.
9. West Virginia- Did what they needed to do, and Jarrett Brown made everyone forget that there wasn't any depth behind Patrick White. There is depth at the quarterback position.
10. Georgia- Another shutout win on the road. Stafford will get better.
11. Louisville- Sad to see Bush go out the way he did, but I think they could have put up 120 on Temple. That offense will be fine.
12. Michigan- Call me crazy, but I think they have a real shot at Notre Dame this week.
13. Va. Tech- The defense looked good as usual, but I'm still not sold on the offense. Score should have been closer if not for another color blind quarterback.
14. Tennessee- I thought they had turned things around. I was mistaken.
15. Miami- At least they beat their patsy the way the were supposed to.
16. FSU- Did not.
17. Boston College- Much like Michigan, I have no proof that they belong this high up, but that metal plate in my head says this team will make some noise in the ACC this year.
18. TCU- Strictly rooting for the underdog here.
19. Alabama- I just couldn't in good conscience leave them at 18.
20. Cal- Impressive win, but I'm still thinking about that Tennessee loss.
21. Rutgers- Yes Rutgers! I think they have a shot at 10 wins this year. The offense is for real.
22. Oklahoma- Hey, it was a win against a BCS opponent, kind of.
23. Oregon- A win against one of my top 25 is still a win.
24. Penn St.- I didn't see any of this game, but man that was ugly.
25. Fresno St.- No moral victories at Fresno, and no moral victories here.
Leave me your comments. Who knows, you might convince me I'm wrong somewhere