Thursday, September 07, 2006

He Said It Better Than Me, So Here

My good friend Joe did a piece on the Coal Bowl that I think is well worth a read. It doesn't have much to do with the game, but does a much better job of putting into words why the Friends of Coal should not be allowed to sponsor this game than I ever could. Joe gets cool guy style points for being a former contributing editor to Computer Gaming Magazine. The picture at the top of his post is what a strip mine looks like. My picture at the bottom of this post is what the run-off from a strip mine does to our rivers and streams.

I was fortunate to be at the Marshall game, so I wasn't bombarded with the commercials. But today I saw one with Nehlen, Pruitt, and "Professional Bass Fisherman", and Friends of Coal spokesperson, Jeremy Starks.

Coal: It's all good baby!

It really was one of the sickest commercials I have seen. The focus was on how coal doesn't really effect the steams and rivers in West Virginia. Yeah, and coal dust doesn't really contribute to Black Lung disease. No, really! Don't believe science, if the "Friends" say it's ok, you can take it to the bank!

Somehow, the water was much cleaner in the video?



No comments: