Sunday, December 17, 2006

Blogpoll Awards Nominations Part V

Shew, is it the most wonderful time of the year, or just the busiest? I had such big plans this weekend for putting up some content, but sometimes life throws you fork ball that looks to be headed for the middle of the plate, but ends up hitting you right in the Jimmy. So with my face going through every color of the rainbow and my voice several octaves higher, I give you the nominations for the best post and the best contribution to the lingo awards.

The Tyrone Prothro And His Amazing Catch Award

FOR: The finest individual post of the college football year.

CRITERIA: Best post for whatever reason.

Georgia Sports Blog- For Tater Salad post concerning Ian Smith passing out on the shitter. Maybe it's just me, but I though this one was pure gold!

MZone- For their wonderlic test.

And yes, yes EDSBS gets my vote for the final Fulmer Cup post crowning Marshall as the 2006 champs. It should be noted that there are no losers in this category, as there are about a bagillion posts that could win.

The Chris Berman Antimatter Award

FOR: The best contribution to the lingo of our little interniche, be it a nickname, neologism, or catchy phrase used with frequency.

CRITERIA: Spread is important. The ideal candidate has been universally adopted by anyone with cause to use the term.

Be honest, when you see [Name Redacted] you know who coined it, and what it means, right?

Outside of that, I'm at a loss, and open any other nominations to you the reader. Actually, I'm begging here. For the love of all that is holy, say something. Anything.

No comments: