Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Mountaineer Bloggers a Little Put Out by Universities Choice to Blog the Gator Bowl

Well, I am anyway. A West Virginia University freshman has been chosen by the University to be the official blogger of the Gator Bowl.

WVU has selected the 18-year-old Shippensburg, Pa., native Lauren Black to be the official student blogger for the Gator Bowl.

She will be the eyes and "eers" for Mountaineer fans looking to get a taste of Jacksonville from the comfort of their computer screens.

"I'll write about the stuff we did that day and what's it like to be part of the whole Gator Bowl experience," Black said. "I'll give people an idea of what it's like be in the stands. I'll just be their eye on Web."

Has there ever been a greater tragedy in sports blogging? Sure she's a student, and performs in the marching band and did some video diary thing that was cool and stuff. But I drink a lot and almost always say the wrong thing at the wrong time! Dammit that has to count for something, doesn't it?

I mean I have whittled my fingers to the bone for this universities sports, not to mention my liver and brain cells! However, I will not stand in the way of someone else grabbing all the glory. I offer my grudging congratulations to you Ms. Black, and hope that if you need any pointers on going two fisted at any keg parties that you won't hesitate to drop me a line.

No comments: