Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Notre Dame Wins With Bully Ball and No Calls

Yeah, before I get into that, Notre Dame did do a good job of defending the perimeter. The fact that West Virginia only took 26 three point shots proves that out. On top of that, many of those shots were contested. West Virginia was still able to hit 38% of their three point shots and made a furious comeback that fell three points short. Poetic justice? Maybe.

But the thing that just tore me up was all the pushes in the back that Notre Dame got away with, along with the goon squad Notre Dame calls their front court. Despite that, West Virginia was only out rebounded by 3. As of right now the turnover totals are not available.

It was good for the young Mountaineer team to go into a hostile environment and hold their own. The ranking might be a little high for this team at the moment, but as young as they are the experience should help down the road. Sadly, we don't get a return visit from the Irish this year. I would gladly take a crap in their seats. But I guess that will have to wait until next year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please, won't someone get me a tissue? I feel SOOOO badly for those poor, poor mountaineers. No one plays fair anymore.

The Big East is physical -- that is not a news flash. Get over it.

John Radcliff said...

I know it's physical. I don't have a problem with that. We just got called for breathing too hard on ND players.

Anonymous said...

I think they lost because I watched. The only other game I've watched part of this year was Arkansas.

Yep, I'm the guy.

John Radcliff said...

CBG, I'm sorry to hear that. But if you wouldn't mind, please make no attempt to watch/listen to/attend the Marshall-WVU game. I'm not superstitious or anything.