Thursday, May 03, 2007

Billy Hahn Joins WV Coaching Staff

Ladies and gentlemen, it looks like we've got a screamer! Hehehe! Seriously, Billy Hahn adds a big chunk of recruiting know how to that of head coach Bobby Huggins.
Hahn was promoted to associate head coach in 1997 and served as one of Maryland’s primary recruiters and was the lead scout in addition to his on-the-floor coaching and administrative duties. He recruited and coached three NBA Lottery picks (Walt Williams, Joe Smith and Steve Francis) and was named one of the top 10 recruiters in the eastern United States by Eastern Basketball.
Hahn also got his start in coaching at Morris Harvey 30 years ago. Hmmmm, I always new it as the University of Charleston, so he's old!

Hahn joins assistant coach Erik Martin on the coaching staff. Damn, I should have just put up a link to Blue Gold News and told you to search the basketball news. Oh well, I guess I'm going to have to say something funny now. Wait a minute, I'll get that for you directly...... Oh, never mind.

Also in the news, Huggins was in Parkersburg last night along with several other assistant coaches from other sports as part of the Mountaineer caravan that is making its way around to the states booster organizations. Sadly, I didn't have $45 to spare on this. Then again, do I really want to go hang out with boosters? Not so much! Love what they did to help keep Rodriguez as the coach, but that don't mean I want to rub elbows with them. Maybe it's just me, but boosters seem to be a little to overly optimistic and homerific for my taste.

God I hate this time of year for college sports. I refuse to talk about anything other than football and basketball, so that pretty much paints me in a corner. At least everyone but the wrestling team is in good shape according to the latest APR report. Brandon Barrett reading to the Wrestlers, priceless!

2 comments:

MountainLaurel said...

Amen to that. Spring and summer are great desolate wastelands as far as real college sports are concerned.

At least we haven't yet been watching ESPN's beach volleyball or bowling and asking each other, "How long til football season?"

John Radcliff said...

The World Series of Poker!!! Woop! If anyone ever see's me watching that, just shoot me! Please!