Thursday, July 26, 2007

Look For Marshall Tickets to Flood Ebay Real Soon


Editors Note: I don't know the whole story, and I really don't care. Just be advised that this is speculation on my part. OK check that, single game tickets will not be sold for the WVU game. About half way down.


As part of Marshall's plan, and it's really kind of smart, if you want to attend the WVU-Marshall game this fall, you will need to be a season ticket holder, or one of the lucky bastards to get one of the 5,000 tickets alloted to WVU for the game. And in order to be on the list to get one or however many of those 5,000 tickets, you have to make a $2,500 donation to the Mountaineer Athletic Club. So, let's do a little math. Marshall season tickets=$585-$140 per ticket. Just the chance to get one of the 5k alloted to WVU=$2,500. You see where I'm going with this, right?

However, a look at the rest of Marshall's home schedule does not look all that great.

Division I-AA power New Hampshire (My emphasis, and by the way, isn't it supposed to be the playoff division and the championship division respectively now? Whatever the eff that means!) visits the following Saturday on Sept. 15, followed by home dates against Conference USA rivals Southern Miss (Oct. 21), Rice (Oct. 27), East Carolina (Nov. 10) and UAB (Nov. 24).

Well, I like Southern Miss to be good this year, and can't say anything about ECU.

Now if we could just get rid of the damn Coal Bowl thing! Maybe that's a story better tackled another day.

2 comments:

MountainLaurel said...

Amen to that! I hate the Coal Bowl idea. It does nothing to help WVU. You'd think old Joe was a Marshall grad instead of a former WVU PLAYER. Anyway....are you going down for it? I think I'll watch it on TV, with that damn 11:00 start. What were they thinking?

John Radcliff said...

I'll go if I win the lottery. Otherwise I'll watch on the tube. Hopefully somewhere with a big screen and many kegs!