Friday, September 07, 2007

Integrity in Blogging


When I woke up this morning I fully planned on actually doing a post that involved something to do with the game between Marshall and WVU. I've been slacking in that regard.


However, this morning I received an email from the fabulous Michigan blog, MZone, regarding a picture that was used in a video I was involved with over at the FanHouse. What happened was that we used a picture that MZone created and used on their website without giving them proper credit, or requesting the use of the picture. And for that I want to issue a formal apology to Benny and Yost.


To their credit, they have handled this in a very professional manner and chose to contact me personally to resolve the issue rather than, oh I don't know, put a picture of me beside a picture of Colin Cowherd. And for that they have my thanks and respect.

2 comments:

Option Spread said...

What? Copyright infringment on the interwebs? No way, I don't believe it.

Besides, its been a few years since I've studied it, but I think there is an exception if you use a copyrighted work in a new work. But I don't remember the details. I'll check with the Bastard Intellectual Property Law Department.

John Radcliff said...

Nah, it's not about that. Handshake honesty is what we are talking abou here.