Friday, September 21, 2007

Mixed Emotions: Internet Up, Mottram Gone

So which do you want first the good news or the bad?

Since the good news won't take long, we'll start there. My internet is back up. And hey, just in time for me to post something over at FanHouse and start getting my drink on for the 12pm kickoff between WVU and East Carolina.

And just because it fits the mood, here's a song by the Rolling Uglies. Mixed Emotions.



And the sad news we find out this morning that our boss and mentor of sorts, Jamie Mottram is leaving FanHouse to run Yahoo! Sports. A little over a year ago I got an email from Jamie asking me if I would be interested in blogging for cash over at AOL. At first I thought it was a joke, and to be honest I didn't really know that much about Jamie. I quickly found out about Jamie. He had me on Sports Bloggers Live very shortly after that email. And I saw the type of big names he was drawing into his podcast. From that day forward, I was sold. He has an incredible vision for the future of sports media/blogging/everything.

I'm still not quite sure what it was or is about me that drew Jamie to me. Or how I made the cut from 50 some college football bloggers down to the 12-15 we have now. But I will always be thankful for the opportunity he gave me and the mentoring that I most definitely needed along the way. It's been a great run Jamie. Cheers to you!



Not really sure what the idea behind this video was, but it's the best audio of the song so I went with it. It just seemed to fit.

No comments: