Sunday, November 16, 2008

Week 12 Blogpoll Ballot

The Blogpoll is a collection of independent blogs that focus, at least some of the time, on college football. It's brought to us by Brian @ Mgoblog, and appears on CBS Sports smartly beside the other polls you've grown up with.


Not much change at the top, but resume demands that Texas Tech go to the top. I think the top five teams in the Big 12 are better than the top five in any other conference. Tech only has one more of those to take care of (Oklahoma) and they will have completed one of the more impressive runs that I can remember. It's not that I wouldn't listen to any arguments for Alabama. That's a great story, about to get a whole lot better if they can win the SEC championship. But today, I'm leaning toward Texas Tech.

That TCU thing seems kind of odd to me. I moved them up after a loss? A close loss to the #7 team, but still a loss. But now that I look at it again, I think they beat any of the teams below them on a neutral field. Miami, Boston College, and North Carolina are the ACC Three this week. That should be a song.

I have to say, normally teams don't move into the top 25 after a loss. But Syracuse turned a loss into a victory and vastly improved their program overnight.



RankTeamDelta
1 Texas Tech 2
2 Alabama 1
3 Florida 1
4 Texas --
5 Oklahoma --
6 Southern Cal --
7 Utah --
8 Oklahoma State --
9 Penn State --
10 Missouri 2
11 Boise State --
12 Ohio State 2
13 Georgia 1
14 Michigan State 1
15 TCU 2
16 Brigham Young 2
17 LSU 2
18 Cincinnati 4
19 Pittsburgh 2
20 Miami (Florida) 6
21 Ball State 5
22 Boston College 4
23 Oregon State 3
24 North Carolina 9
25 Syracuse 1

Dropped Out: South Carolina (#20), Florida State (#23), Wake Forest (#24), Tulsa (#25).

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I've probably looked at about 10 of other people's Blogpoll ballots in the last 30 min and your's is the only one that put TCU ahead of BYU and isn't buying into the Ball State love-fest. Huge props to you!

John Radcliff said...

Thanks effay. If you see anything you don't agree with, please put that in here as well. I have until 10 am Wednesday to make changes.